Sunday, March 29, 2009

Special Love

Watching the child in my classroom
Who is watching me
She turns her head slightly
Never taking her blue eyes off me
I put my my hands on my hips
She does the same
I laugh and walk over to her
She says HUG
I give her a hug and kiss her on the cheek
and I look into those eyes
Eyes I have looked into numerous times
over the last few years
I see the love for me in those eyes
I know she loves me as much as I do her
I often wonder what is going on in her mind
when she sees me
Wondering as she graduates
If in her mind she will remember me
and if she will miss me
We share a special bond
That started from the very beginning
We have had some very hard days together
Always managing to make it through
Just for a moment I would like to look through her eyes
See what she sees and feel what she feels
So that I could understand
Just for a moment I would like for her to see into my heart
And know that I love her as much as if she were my own....


Working in a special education classroom can be very tough, but the love I feel for these kids and the unconditional love they give me is the most rewarding job anyone could have. They are Gods Angels!! This young lady graduates this year and she is very, very dear to me...

3 comments:

  1. Nice poem Cindy, almost relate in first person :)
    liked the earlier ones too :)

    wishes,
    devika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so well how this feels. you said it so well, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they mean so much to me!!