Monday, September 27, 2010

Sinking

she bared,
her soul,
for many years,
with so many words,
unheard..
she felt so,
misunderstood.....
surrounded by people
she
loved,
who loved her..
but the feeling of
loneliness
claimed her,
overtaking
her mind,
and her heart...
so many words
to say,
so many meanings
all playing,
hide and seek...
she knows
that baring her soul
is now
useless,
again...
again..
now they ask for her
to speak,
to share,
her innermost thoughts
but she refrains,
from
doing so...
there comes a time
that it is,
just
too late.....

10 comments:

  1. imagine that, i'd almost swear you're taking about me...imagine that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, never too late...bare that soul...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I'm with Brian...learn to trust again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on that grandbaby coming in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Cindy, this was a raw and poignant poem. I hope she will share again...and I hope and pray that she'll not only be heard, but understood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed! Loved this poem!
    You convey much with your few words!

    Thanks for following..I am now following you back!

    Wishing you a great Wednesday!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i hate the words "too late" - there is hope as long as one lives - is one of my favorite quotes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. your poem resonates a lot with me... but it is never too late, as long as we are alive.

    beautiful poem :)

    loveNlight
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  9. But never too late to put it in a poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they mean so much to me!!